Important updates regarding the return to school for January 2022
On behalf of the English Montreal School Board, please find some important updates regarding the return to school for January 2022.
- Students in the youth (elementary and high school) and adult sectors will be receiving online instruction beginning Thursday January 6th until Friday January 14th inclusively as per MEQ directives and not on January 10th as previously announced.
- One exception to this new directive is Mackay Centre School and Philip E. Layton, which will be accepting students in person as of Thursday January 6th.
- Students in the youth (elementary and high school) and adult sectors are expected to return to in-person learning on Monday January 17th. Should this date change, we will advise the community.
- BASE emergency daycares will be open as of Thursday January 6th until Friday January 14th (see detailed information below).
- A curfew has been introduced that will be in effect from 10 pm until 5 am (employees will be provided with exemptions as needed).
- All school personnel is now eligible for a third vaccine via Clic Santé website.
- Individuals interested in volunteering their time to help with the vaccination campaign can register on the web platform entitled Je contribue!
All BASE ‘emergency daycares’ for elementary students will be open from January 6th to January 14th. Priority will be given to parents who work in the health sector and essential services, and must provide proof that they qualify for the service. Parents are asked to keep their children at home, and in very exceptional circumstances, they can reach out to the school Principal. Schools with private daycares will provide the specifics concerning the service offered to their families. In order to register for the service, parents must send an email with the child’s full name to the school’s daycare technician by 6:00 pm the evening before. We ask that students attending the daycare be symptom-free, be provided with a snack and a lunch and have their device and headphones for online learning.
We thank you for your understanding and would like to wish you and your family a safe, healthy and prosperous new year!